Police investigate Ilfracombe car fires
- Credit: Archant
Officers treating two separate fires as suspicious after double fire callout in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
POLICE are currently investigating two separate car fires in Ilfracombe in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
Fire crews were called out to ‘reports of something exploding’ and smoke near Ilfracombe Museum in Wilder Road at 3am.
They found a red Kia Sedona well alight and extinguished the blaze, but the car was completely destroyed.
At 4.40am crews received a second callout to Oxford Grove where they found a blue Ford Escort on fire which they also extinguished.
A police spokesman confirmed officers were treating both fires as suspicious and could not confirm if the two incidents were linked.
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
- 10 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation