Police investigate Bideford sex assault claims
Pattern of offences sparks CID probe
POLICE are appealing for possible sexual assault victims to come forward and assist investigations following a trio of recent attacks in Bideford.
The alleged offences, dating back to October 19, follow a similar pattern, with women having their bottoms pinched while shopping at various locations in and around the town.
Prior to each assault the victims have all noticed a man on several occasions and thought his behaviour peculiar.
Officers believe more women could have been assaulted in similar ways and are urging victims to get in touch.
PC Nina Domachowska, of Barnstaple CID, said: “The pattern of behaviour is quite concerning and we would urge any more victims to come forward.
“More women may have been approached but have not reported the incident and we would like to hear from anyone with any information.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
“We will investigate all allegations.”
A local man was arrested on November 11 in connection with two offences and has been released on police bail until December 22.