Police investigate Bideford sex assault claims
Pattern of offences sparks CID probe
POLICE are appealing for possible sexual assault victims to come forward and assist investigations following a trio of recent attacks in Bideford.
The alleged offences, dating back to October 19, follow a similar pattern, with women having their bottoms pinched while shopping at various locations in and around the town.
Prior to each assault the victims have all noticed a man on several occasions and thought his behaviour peculiar.
Officers believe more women could have been assaulted in similar ways and are urging victims to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
PC Nina Domachowska, of Barnstaple CID, said: “The pattern of behaviour is quite concerning and we would urge any more victims to come forward.
“More women may have been approached but have not reported the incident and we would like to hear from anyone with any information.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
“We will investigate all allegations.”
A local man was arrested on November 11 in connection with two offences and has been released on police bail until December 22.