Police hunt for former prisoner in Barnstaple
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm. However, he failed to comply with the ter
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.
Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm.
However, he failed to comply with the terms of his licence and Devon and Cornwall probation service issued a prison recall making him arrestable on sight.
Devon and Cornwall police are following a number of lines of enquiry to ascertain his current location.
You may also want to watch:
Police intend to arrest him and return him to prison once he has been located.
KENT is described as 5ft 9in tall of slim build with grey short, straight hair. He Is usually clean shaven. And has a ruddy complexion with a soft West Country accent. He has a distinctive one-inch cut above his upper lip and a tattoo of a swallow on his left neck. He occasionally wears glasses.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
He has links to Barnstaple and North Devon areas.
Police are appealing for anyone who has had recent contact with him to come forward and assist by calling Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.