Police hunt for former prisoner in Barnstaple
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm. However, he failed to comply with the ter
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.
Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm.
However, he failed to comply with the terms of his licence and Devon and Cornwall probation service issued a prison recall making him arrestable on sight.
Devon and Cornwall police are following a number of lines of enquiry to ascertain his current location.
You may also want to watch:
Police intend to arrest him and return him to prison once he has been located.
KENT is described as 5ft 9in tall of slim build with grey short, straight hair. He Is usually clean shaven. And has a ruddy complexion with a soft West Country accent. He has a distinctive one-inch cut above his upper lip and a tattoo of a swallow on his left neck. He occasionally wears glasses.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
He has links to Barnstaple and North Devon areas.
Police are appealing for anyone who has had recent contact with him to come forward and assist by calling Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.