Police hunt for former prisoner in Barnstaple
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm. However, he failed to comply with the ter
POLICE in the Barnstaple area are seeking a 47-year-old man who has breached the terms of his prison release licence.
Stephen KENT was recently released from prison after serving a term for grievous bodily harm.
However, he failed to comply with the terms of his licence and Devon and Cornwall probation service issued a prison recall making him arrestable on sight.
Devon and Cornwall police are following a number of lines of enquiry to ascertain his current location.
You may also want to watch:
Police intend to arrest him and return him to prison once he has been located.
KENT is described as 5ft 9in tall of slim build with grey short, straight hair. He Is usually clean shaven. And has a ruddy complexion with a soft West Country accent. He has a distinctive one-inch cut above his upper lip and a tattoo of a swallow on his left neck. He occasionally wears glasses.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
He has links to Barnstaple and North Devon areas.
Police are appealing for anyone who has had recent contact with him to come forward and assist by calling Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.