Police hunt for duo after attempted robbery on Bideford jewellers
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning. At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises b
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning.
At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises but fled empty handed.
Police said a local man was arrested on Saturday with assistance from the public but he has since been released with no further action to be taken.
Both suspects are white men, the first described as around five foot eight inches tall of ruddy or dark complexion, aged 30-40, wearing a baseball cap and carrying a rucksack. There is no description of the second suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they would like to thank members of the public who have so far come forward and would like to stress incidents such as this are rare for the town.
They are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who has any information or noticed anyone acting suspiciously. Call 08452 777444, quoting crime reference 1061.10 or contact CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple