Police hunt for duo after attempted robbery on Bideford jewellers
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning. At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises b
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning.
At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises but fled empty handed.
Police said a local man was arrested on Saturday with assistance from the public but he has since been released with no further action to be taken.
Both suspects are white men, the first described as around five foot eight inches tall of ruddy or dark complexion, aged 30-40, wearing a baseball cap and carrying a rucksack. There is no description of the second suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they would like to thank members of the public who have so far come forward and would like to stress incidents such as this are rare for the town.
They are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who has any information or noticed anyone acting suspiciously. Call 08452 777444, quoting crime reference 1061.10 or contact CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park