Police hunt for duo after attempted robbery on Bideford jewellers
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning. At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises b
POLICED are hunting an axe man and his accomplice after an attempted robbery at Century Galleries in Bideford on Saturday morning.
At about 11am two black clad men, one carrying an axe and with scarves covering their faces, attempted to rob the premises but fled empty handed.
Police said a local man was arrested on Saturday with assistance from the public but he has since been released with no further action to be taken.
Both suspects are white men, the first described as around five foot eight inches tall of ruddy or dark complexion, aged 30-40, wearing a baseball cap and carrying a rucksack. There is no description of the second suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they would like to thank members of the public who have so far come forward and would like to stress incidents such as this are rare for the town.
They are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who has any information or noticed anyone acting suspiciously. Call 08452 777444, quoting crime reference 1061.10 or contact CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 8 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 9 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone