Police hunt for Bishops Tawton burglar
- Credit: Archant
Offender stole cash from two properties in the same street in Bishops Tawton.
POLICE are appealing for information to catch a burglar who has targeted the homes of elderly people in Bishops Tawton.
The offender struck at two homes on Saturday, May 4, taking money from the dresser units in both cases.
The first property was entered between 10am and 12.45pm and an amount of cash was stolen from the elderly occupier, a woman in her 80s.
Later that day at around 3.30pm the offender targeted a second property in the same street.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, a woman in her 90s, discovered a large amount of cash had been taken.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the Mount Pleasant area of the village on the day of the burglaries.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting crime reference CB/13/1291.