Police helicopter called to Bideford for ‘man with machete’
- Credit: Archant
The helicopter lifted in the early hours of Wednesday morning after a man was reported missing from Instow.
THE police helicopter was called to action in the early hours of Wednesday morning to help locate a missing man.
The man in his 40s, who was alleged to be carrying a machete, was reported missing from Instow at around 12.50am.
At 1.40am, the police helicopter lifted to assist the search and discovered the man on an industrial estate in Bideford.
A police spokesman said the search was conducted after a concern for the man’s welfare and that no charges had been made.
You may also want to watch:
He could not confirm if a weapon was discovered on the man.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened