Police, firefighters, football and dance in Bideford
NORTH Devon police and firefighters will be doing battle on the football pitch next week. Their match is being played at Bideford Sports Ground on July 28, starting at 7pm. Entry to the game is free, with donations being invited for the Child Victims of C
NORTH Devon police and firefighters will be doing battle on the football pitch next week.
Their match is being played at Bideford Sports Ground on July 28, starting at 7pm.
Entry to the game is free, with donations being invited for the Child Victims of Crime charity.
The match has been organised alongside the Soccersafe initiative, which has seen local police and firefighters visiting local schools and helping to train youngsters in the game.
You may also want to watch:
This will culminate in a schoolchildren's World Cup style competition, with a grand final planned for next month.
The finals will see some 200 youngsters in the Sports Ground taking part in the football competition and another 100 in street dance displays, which have been put together with the help of the Torrington Streetz Dance crew.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
While encouraging youngsters in these activities, the emergency services have also been delivering safety messages to the young people.