Police, firefighters, football and dance in Bideford
NORTH Devon police and firefighters will be doing battle on the football pitch next week. Their match is being played at Bideford Sports Ground on July 28, starting at 7pm. Entry to the game is free, with donations being invited for the Child Victims of C
NORTH Devon police and firefighters will be doing battle on the football pitch next week.
Their match is being played at Bideford Sports Ground on July 28, starting at 7pm.
Entry to the game is free, with donations being invited for the Child Victims of Crime charity.
The match has been organised alongside the Soccersafe initiative, which has seen local police and firefighters visiting local schools and helping to train youngsters in the game.
You may also want to watch:
This will culminate in a schoolchildren's World Cup style competition, with a grand final planned for next month.
The finals will see some 200 youngsters in the Sports Ground taking part in the football competition and another 100 in street dance displays, which have been put together with the help of the Torrington Streetz Dance crew.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
While encouraging youngsters in these activities, the emergency services have also been delivering safety messages to the young people.