Police find 19 bags of cannabis in Ilfracombe man’s bedroom
- Credit: Archant
The 20-year-old pleaded guilty to possessing around £200 worth of the drug.
AN ILFRACOMBE man has been fined after police discovered 19 bags of cannabis in his bedroom during a search in November.
George Hastings, 20, of High Street, pleaded guilty to possessing £200 worth of the drug individually bagged up ‘for his own personal use’.
North Devon Magistrates’ Court heard Hastings had used a £700 pay cheque at the end of his seasonal job to buy the bulk lot of the drug.
Paul Waters, defending, said Hastings had experienced a period of homelessness after moving to the area from Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “He keeps himself to himself and doesn’t drink and go out at night. His vice is to stay behind closed doors and smoke cannabis occasionally.”
Mr Waters added Hastings was a ‘young man with a brain in his head’ who hoped to save up to study to become a counsellor.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
Magistrates fined Hastings £75 and ordered him to pay costs and a victim surcharge totalling £105. They also ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.