Police commando challenge promises fun for all
Local beat team organises more fun for families in Frankmarsh Woods.
PEOPLE in Frankmash and Gorwell are being given the chance to indulge in some muddy good fun later this month.
The area’s police neighbourhood beat team is organising the third annual Commando Challenge event on Sunday, February 26.
Young and old are all invited to sign up and share the thrill of a tactical commando course in Frankmarsh Woods, behind Long Meadow Drive.
Teams of four can register on the day at just �2.50 per person with money going to local charities.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser, PCSO Steve Huxtable, said: “There will be medals for the winning teams and certificates for all participants.
“Money raised will go the local children’s summer club and the Frankmash and Gorwell Community Office.”
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
Groups of 8-11-year-olds will start at 11am; 12-16-year-olds at 11.45am; and over 16s from 1.30pm. Family teams can take part any time after 11.30am.
For more information telephone PCSO Huxtable on 08456 567769 or Lesley Brown on 01271 328184.