Police commando challenge promises fun for all
Local beat team organises more fun for families in Frankmarsh Woods.
PEOPLE in Frankmash and Gorwell are being given the chance to indulge in some muddy good fun later this month.
The area’s police neighbourhood beat team is organising the third annual Commando Challenge event on Sunday, February 26.
Young and old are all invited to sign up and share the thrill of a tactical commando course in Frankmarsh Woods, behind Long Meadow Drive.
Teams of four can register on the day at just �2.50 per person with money going to local charities.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser, PCSO Steve Huxtable, said: “There will be medals for the winning teams and certificates for all participants.
“Money raised will go the local children’s summer club and the Frankmash and Gorwell Community Office.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Groups of 8-11-year-olds will start at 11am; 12-16-year-olds at 11.45am; and over 16s from 1.30pm. Family teams can take part any time after 11.30am.
For more information telephone PCSO Huxtable on 08456 567769 or Lesley Brown on 01271 328184.