Police close 'drug den' in Bideford High Street
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a drug den. It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dea
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a 'drug den.'
It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dealing drugs that they could be next.
The closure and boarding up of the Queen Anne's basement flat on Monday follows the closure of a ground floor flat in the same multi-occupancy building just a few weeks ago.
Insp Kenneally said that following the first closure the problem had continued, moving to the basement flat.
You may also want to watch:
The closure order by Barnstaple magistrates means this flat will now be closed for three months.
They had worked with local residents and the landlord of the property and were now confident that this had been resolved.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
"This sort of activity is disruptive to people living in the near vicinity. They expect action to be taken and can be confident that it will," he said. "If anyone has similar issues we would ask them to report them to us. We will look at further closures. Anyone looking to deal drugs in the Torridge area should be aware that we may be looking at them next. We are already looking at one further address.