Police close 'drug den' in Bideford High Street
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a drug den. It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dea
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a 'drug den.'
It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dealing drugs that they could be next.
The closure and boarding up of the Queen Anne's basement flat on Monday follows the closure of a ground floor flat in the same multi-occupancy building just a few weeks ago.
Insp Kenneally said that following the first closure the problem had continued, moving to the basement flat.
You may also want to watch:
The closure order by Barnstaple magistrates means this flat will now be closed for three months.
They had worked with local residents and the landlord of the property and were now confident that this had been resolved.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 9 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
- 10 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
"This sort of activity is disruptive to people living in the near vicinity. They expect action to be taken and can be confident that it will," he said. "If anyone has similar issues we would ask them to report them to us. We will look at further closures. Anyone looking to deal drugs in the Torridge area should be aware that we may be looking at them next. We are already looking at one further address.