Police close 'drug den' in Bideford High Street
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a drug den. It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dea
POLICE have sent out a warning to drug dealers in Bideford with the closure of a flat in the High Street that had been used allegedly as a 'drug den.'
It is the third such closure in the town within 18 months and Inspector Sean Kenneally warned others dealing drugs that they could be next.
The closure and boarding up of the Queen Anne's basement flat on Monday follows the closure of a ground floor flat in the same multi-occupancy building just a few weeks ago.
Insp Kenneally said that following the first closure the problem had continued, moving to the basement flat.
You may also want to watch:
The closure order by Barnstaple magistrates means this flat will now be closed for three months.
They had worked with local residents and the landlord of the property and were now confident that this had been resolved.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
"This sort of activity is disruptive to people living in the near vicinity. They expect action to be taken and can be confident that it will," he said. "If anyone has similar issues we would ask them to report them to us. We will look at further closures. Anyone looking to deal drugs in the Torridge area should be aware that we may be looking at them next. We are already looking at one further address.