Police chase train pick-pocket
Police want to speak to man over alleged theft on Barnstaple-bound train
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with an alleged pick-pocket incident on a train to Barnstaple.
A 36-year-old Exmouth man has reported having a wallet containing �700 taken on the 10.50am Exmouth to Barnstaple service on Friday, September 30.
Sgt Dave Mannion, investigating officer, said: “The victim got off the train at Exeter Central rail station and, a short time later, he realised he had left his wallet on board and alerted rail staff.
“The guard on board the train found the missing wallet but around �700 was missing from it.
You may also want to watch:
“Enquiries are ongoing and, after viewing CCTV images from on board the train, I am keen to speak to the man pictured in these stills as I believe he will have information which I believe can assist this investigation.
“It is thought he travelled on the train to its destination, Barnstaple.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
“I would ask anyone who knows the man’s identity, or his current whereabouts, to contact British Transport Police in confidence.”
Anyone with information is asked to telephone British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, quoting incident reference B9/WWA of 24/10/2011. Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.