Police carry out drugs raids in Barnstaple
POLICE in Barnstaple have executed a number of warrants in the town under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Officers from several departments at Barnstaple Police Station executed three warrants on Friday of last week at addresses In Forches Avenue, Summerland S
POLICE in Barnstaple have executed a number of warrants in the town under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Officers from several departments at Barnstaple Police Station executed three warrants on Friday of last week at addresses In Forches Avenue, Summerland Street and Portland Street.
The properties were searched and a number of items were seized, including cannabis plants, controlled substances and items used for cultivation of cannabis.
One 30-year-old man from Barnstaple, was charged with possession of Class B drug and is due to appear at North Devon Magistrates Court on May 28.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, aged 55 from Barnstaple, was given a warning by police, while a third, aged 29 and also from Barnstaple, is due to be interviewed at a later date.
A police spokesman said these warrants were executed partly as a result of information received from the public and that the police would like to thank the community for their assistance.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
Officers would also like to remind people that information can be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 which will be dealt with confidentially.