Police carry out drugs raids in Barnstaple
POLICE in Barnstaple have executed a number of warrants in the town under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Officers from several departments at Barnstaple Police Station executed three warrants on Friday of last week at addresses In Forches Avenue, Summerland S
POLICE in Barnstaple have executed a number of warrants in the town under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Officers from several departments at Barnstaple Police Station executed three warrants on Friday of last week at addresses In Forches Avenue, Summerland Street and Portland Street.
The properties were searched and a number of items were seized, including cannabis plants, controlled substances and items used for cultivation of cannabis.
One 30-year-old man from Barnstaple, was charged with possession of Class B drug and is due to appear at North Devon Magistrates Court on May 28.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, aged 55 from Barnstaple, was given a warning by police, while a third, aged 29 and also from Barnstaple, is due to be interviewed at a later date.
A police spokesman said these warrants were executed partly as a result of information received from the public and that the police would like to thank the community for their assistance.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes
Officers would also like to remind people that information can be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 which will be dealt with confidentially.