Police car involved in collision while hunting ‘intruder’ in Bideford
Three vehicle collision on the Quay occurred while officers set out to hunt a reporter intruder.
A POLICE car was involved in a collision in Bideford yesterday (Weds) while involved in a search for an alleged intruder.
The incident happened on The Quay around 4pm involving the marked Ford Focus, a Honda and a grey Rover.
Nobody was injured in the collision and the road was cleared by 5.30pm.
Officers were out searching for a suspect after a resident in Park Avenue reported an intruder in their back garden.
Nobody was turned up in the search but this morning a 16-year-old was arrested and is currently in police custody.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
- 9 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 10 Help turn tide with Appledore community film