Police called to young man on ‘wrong side of bridge railings’
Officers have located the man safe and well.
POLICE were called to Torridge Bridge after reports of a young male on the wrong side of the railings yesterday afternoon (Thur).
Several members of the public dialled 999 around 4.30pm after spotting the man on the A39 Clovelly-bound carriageway on the bridge near Bideford.
One eyewitness said: “He was only a young man, and was walking backwards and forwards towards the railings.
“He was leaning over them; I called the police and they were there within minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
But when police reached the scene the man was nowhere to be seen.
After a search of the area the man was located safe and well and was taken into custody where he was offered support.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president