Police called to young man on ‘wrong side of bridge railings’
Officers have located the man safe and well.
POLICE were called to Torridge Bridge after reports of a young male on the wrong side of the railings yesterday afternoon (Thur).
Several members of the public dialled 999 around 4.30pm after spotting the man on the A39 Clovelly-bound carriageway on the bridge near Bideford.
One eyewitness said: “He was only a young man, and was walking backwards and forwards towards the railings.
“He was leaning over them; I called the police and they were there within minutes.”
But when police reached the scene the man was nowhere to be seen.
After a search of the area the man was located safe and well and was taken into custody where he was offered support.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage