Police called to young man on ‘wrong side of bridge railings’
Officers have located the man safe and well.
POLICE were called to Torridge Bridge after reports of a young male on the wrong side of the railings yesterday afternoon (Thur).
Several members of the public dialled 999 around 4.30pm after spotting the man on the A39 Clovelly-bound carriageway on the bridge near Bideford.
One eyewitness said: “He was only a young man, and was walking backwards and forwards towards the railings.
“He was leaning over them; I called the police and they were there within minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
But when police reached the scene the man was nowhere to be seen.
After a search of the area the man was located safe and well and was taken into custody where he was offered support.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty