Police break up woodland ‘rave’
Early morning raid on Chulmleigh music gathering
POLICE swooped on an illegal “rave” near Chulmleigh on yesterday morning (Sunday).
Officers seized sound equipment and issued dispersal orders at Heywood Wood, Wembworthy after being tipped off by the Forestry Commission and several members of the public.
Inspector Andrew Webber, who led the operation, said “prompt action” prevented the rave from escalating and causing further problems.
“This was an excellent use of police resources and the appropriate powers,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Police have not said how many people were taking part in the rave.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl