Police break up woodland ‘rave’
Early morning raid on Chulmleigh music gathering
POLICE swooped on an illegal “rave” near Chulmleigh on yesterday morning (Sunday).
Officers seized sound equipment and issued dispersal orders at Heywood Wood, Wembworthy after being tipped off by the Forestry Commission and several members of the public.
Inspector Andrew Webber, who led the operation, said “prompt action” prevented the rave from escalating and causing further problems.
“This was an excellent use of police resources and the appropriate powers,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Police have not said how many people were taking part in the rave.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety