Police break up woodland ‘rave’
Early morning raid on Chulmleigh music gathering
POLICE swooped on an illegal “rave” near Chulmleigh on yesterday morning (Sunday).
Officers seized sound equipment and issued dispersal orders at Heywood Wood, Wembworthy after being tipped off by the Forestry Commission and several members of the public.
Inspector Andrew Webber, who led the operation, said “prompt action” prevented the rave from escalating and causing further problems.
“This was an excellent use of police resources and the appropriate powers,” he said.
Police have not said how many people were taking part in the rave.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant