Police arrest boy, 16, for theft of copper
- Credit: Archant
Officers were called to Western Power Distribution in the early hours of Thursday morning.
POLICE have charged a 16-year-old boy from Ilfracombe with theft of copper following an incident in Barnstaple in the early hours of yesterday morning (Thurs).
Officers were called to Western Power Distributions compound in Victoria Road, Forches around midnight after it was reported that two people were inside.
Police arrested the 16-year-old at the scene and following a search arrested a 17-year-old from Barnstaple nearby.
Both were taken to Barnstaple police station and interviewed and officers recovered two reels of copper wire as part of the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old was charged and bailed to appear before Magistrates at the youth court in Barnstaple February 26.
The 17-year-old was bailed to return to Barnstaple Police Station in March.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon