Police arrest boy, 16, for theft of copper
- Credit: Archant
Officers were called to Western Power Distribution in the early hours of Thursday morning.
POLICE have charged a 16-year-old boy from Ilfracombe with theft of copper following an incident in Barnstaple in the early hours of yesterday morning (Thurs).
Officers were called to Western Power Distributions compound in Victoria Road, Forches around midnight after it was reported that two people were inside.
Police arrested the 16-year-old at the scene and following a search arrested a 17-year-old from Barnstaple nearby.
Both were taken to Barnstaple police station and interviewed and officers recovered two reels of copper wire as part of the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old was charged and bailed to appear before Magistrates at the youth court in Barnstaple February 26.
The 17-year-old was bailed to return to Barnstaple Police Station in March.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level