Police appeal to trace missing woman last seen 12 years ago
Catherine Nee was last seen in Ilfracombe and now her family are launching a fresh appeal to find her.
POLICE are appealing to trace a missing woman from Reading who was living in Ilfracombe when she was last seen 12 years ago.
Catherine Nee, 43, was last seen by her family when she was 31 years old in Ilfracombe but was well known in the Reading area and Newbury where some people knew her as Kathy.
Thames Valley Police are now leading a missing persons investigation on behalf of her family to try and trace her.
Her family issued a moving statement to the police, and said:
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking for Catherine Nee, our daughter, mother and grandmother. We haven’t seen or heard from her for 12 years.
“Catherine, if you are reading this, please, please get in contact with us. We all miss you so much and would like for you to come home. You have six very beautiful grandchildren who would love to meet their grandmother.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
“The whole family misses you and we all just want you to come home or at least get in touch with us to let us know you are safe and well.
“If anybody knows Catherine, or has any information about her or her whereabouts, past or present, please get in touch with us.”
Detective Inspector Kev Mahon said: “This enquiry is to discover what has happened to Catherine and help to give her family some much needed information.
“Catherine became estranged from her family 12 years ago and in that time they have made attempts to try and find her to no avail and have constantly wondered what happened to her.
“They have now turned to Thames Valley Police for our assistance to try and trace her.
“If Catherine is out there now, I would urge her to come forward and let us know that she is safe and give her family peace of mind.”
Anyone with information should contact the Thames Valley Police 24-hour Enquiry Line on 101 and quote URN 897 of 16/11/12.