Police appeal to trace missing woman last seen 12 years ago
Catherine Nee was last seen in Ilfracombe and now her family are launching a fresh appeal to find her.
POLICE are appealing to trace a missing woman from Reading who was living in Ilfracombe when she was last seen 12 years ago.
Catherine Nee, 43, was last seen by her family when she was 31 years old in Ilfracombe but was well known in the Reading area and Newbury where some people knew her as Kathy.
Thames Valley Police are now leading a missing persons investigation on behalf of her family to try and trace her.
Her family issued a moving statement to the police, and said:
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking for Catherine Nee, our daughter, mother and grandmother. We haven’t seen or heard from her for 12 years.
“Catherine, if you are reading this, please, please get in contact with us. We all miss you so much and would like for you to come home. You have six very beautiful grandchildren who would love to meet their grandmother.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
“The whole family misses you and we all just want you to come home or at least get in touch with us to let us know you are safe and well.
“If anybody knows Catherine, or has any information about her or her whereabouts, past or present, please get in touch with us.”
Detective Inspector Kev Mahon said: “This enquiry is to discover what has happened to Catherine and help to give her family some much needed information.
“Catherine became estranged from her family 12 years ago and in that time they have made attempts to try and find her to no avail and have constantly wondered what happened to her.
“They have now turned to Thames Valley Police for our assistance to try and trace her.
“If Catherine is out there now, I would urge her to come forward and let us know that she is safe and give her family peace of mind.”
Anyone with information should contact the Thames Valley Police 24-hour Enquiry Line on 101 and quote URN 897 of 16/11/12.