Police appeal to catch Newport ‘spray’ vandal
Graffiti pest has a black spray can and ‘little talent’
POLICE in Barnstaple are appealing for the public to help snare a graffiti “artist” with little flair for art.
A vandal with a black spray can is responsible for a number of acts of criminal damage to public and private property in and around the Newport area of the town.
Earlier this month, the word “Revolution” was sprayed on a centennial Rotary Club bench opposite the war memorial, while a longer statement was scrawled on a wall by the bowling club in Ladies Mile.
Newport PCSO Debbie Bolsom said similar graffiti had also been sprayed on the walls of domestic properties in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all been done in the same black scrawl and it’s obviously not anyone with any talent,” said PCSO Bolsom.
“We’d ask anyone with any information about the offender or other incidents in the area to log it officially by telephoning police on 101,” said PCSO Bolsom.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge