Police appeal to catch Newport ‘spray’ vandal
Graffiti pest has a black spray can and ‘little talent’
POLICE in Barnstaple are appealing for the public to help snare a graffiti “artist” with little flair for art.
A vandal with a black spray can is responsible for a number of acts of criminal damage to public and private property in and around the Newport area of the town.
Earlier this month, the word “Revolution” was sprayed on a centennial Rotary Club bench opposite the war memorial, while a longer statement was scrawled on a wall by the bowling club in Ladies Mile.
Newport PCSO Debbie Bolsom said similar graffiti had also been sprayed on the walls of domestic properties in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all been done in the same black scrawl and it’s obviously not anyone with any talent,” said PCSO Bolsom.
“We’d ask anyone with any information about the offender or other incidents in the area to log it officially by telephoning police on 101,” said PCSO Bolsom.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19