Police appeal for witnesses following Braunton distraction burglary
POLICE are searching for a man with an artificial leg following a distraction burglary in Braunton. At about 9.40pm on Thursday, July 1, the middle aged man, accompanied by a middle aged woman, went into the Cheers Bottle shop in Caen Field. While they
POLICE are searching for a man with an artificial leg following a distraction burglary in Braunton.
At about 9.40pm on Thursday, July 1, the middle aged man, accompanied by a middle aged woman, went into the Cheers Bottle shop in Caen Field.
While they were looking around the shop, the man fell to the floor. The shop assistant went to his aid and helped him to his feet.
As this was going on, another man got into the back of the shop via an insecure door and stole a quantity of cash.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as being white, in his late 50s or early 60s, of fat build and 5ft 10in or 5ft 11in in height. He had a face scarred by acne, possibly dark hair and had an artificial lower left leg. He was carrying two silver grey crutches.and was wearing grey jogging bottoms, a grey crew neck jumper and a black baseball cap.
His female accomplice was white, also in her 50s to early 60s, 5ft 6in in height with black, straight shoulder-length hair and was wearing a grey cardigan and a black V-necked top underneath with a coloured stripe.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
The man who stole the money is said to be aged in his late 30s or early 40s, 6ft 1in to 6ft 3in in height and of slim build, with short greying hair.
He was wearing grey long shorts or trousers, a navy blue blouson jacket and a yellow baseball cap with a crest.
The police would like anyone with information to contact them on 08452 777444, quoting the reference number CN/10/285.