Police appeal for witnesses after victims headbutted in Ilfracombe
A 21-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were assaulted in the town while walking a dog.
POLICE in Ilfracombe are appealing for witnesses after a man and woman were head-butted during an assault in the town.
The two victims were walking a staffy-type dog along the High Street on Wednesday, October 10, when they were shouted at by two men and another woman.
An argument broke out and both victims were assaulted.
The 21-year-old man ended up on the ground with a bleeding nose and head.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old woman was not injured.
Police are now appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the assault which happened near to Zig Zags hairdressers opposite the petrol station between 8.10pm and 8.25pm
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 4 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Officers are particularly keen to speak to two men who managed to capture the staffy dog which broke free and ran up the road during the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting crime reference CI/12/1278.