Police appeal for witnesses after victims headbutted in Ilfracombe
A 21-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were assaulted in the town while walking a dog.
POLICE in Ilfracombe are appealing for witnesses after a man and woman were head-butted during an assault in the town.
The two victims were walking a staffy-type dog along the High Street on Wednesday, October 10, when they were shouted at by two men and another woman.
An argument broke out and both victims were assaulted.
The 21-year-old man ended up on the ground with a bleeding nose and head.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old woman was not injured.
Police are now appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the assault which happened near to Zig Zags hairdressers opposite the petrol station between 8.10pm and 8.25pm
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Officers are particularly keen to speak to two men who managed to capture the staffy dog which broke free and ran up the road during the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting crime reference CI/12/1278.