Police appeal for information on assault
Witnesses are being sought for an assault that occurred in Barnstaple earlier this month.
POLICE are appealing for information following an assault in Barnstaple earlier this month.
The male victim was walking through the churchyard of Trinity Church at around 2pm on April 5, when he was attacked by two people.
A woman, who is believed to have red hair, approached the victim and began to punch him.
She was joined by the male suspect who joined in the attack, causing the victim to fall to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
The male suspect is believed to have carried a walking stick.
After the attack, the victim was left with bumps to his head and a reddening of the neck.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward, and believe there was a man walking in the churchyard at the time of the incident who they wish to speak to.
A 31-year-old man from Ilfracombe and a 22-year-old woman from Barnstaple have been released on bail after being arrested in connection with the assault.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101, quoting reference CB/12/1173.