Police appeal after woman hit by car
The young woman was carried across the bonnet of the car following a ‘brief exchange’ with the driver.
POLICE are appealing for information after a young woman was hit by car near Loxhore Cross on Monday morning.
A 21-year-old woman from Barnstaple was left shaken and with minor stomach injuries after the collision.
The incident followed a collision between a blue Ford Fiesta and a red Honda Accord on the Bratton Fleming to Barnstaple road.
The wing mirrors clashed as the two cars passed each other in opposite directions.
You may also want to watch:
A short time later, the female Fiesta driver located the Honda when it stopped just past Loxhore Cross on the Barnstaple-bound carriageway.
The Fiesta driver approached the Honda which was being driven by an elderly woman.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
A police spokesman said: “Following a brief exchange, the young woman was in collision with the Honda and was carried across the bonnet for a few feet.”
The Honda then left the scene.
Police are now keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident which happened around 10.50am on Monday, October 8.
Anyone with information that could assist with the enquiry is asked to contact police on 101, quoting police log 229 of 08/10/12.