Police appeal after woman hit by car
The young woman was carried across the bonnet of the car following a ‘brief exchange’ with the driver.
POLICE are appealing for information after a young woman was hit by car near Loxhore Cross on Monday morning.
A 21-year-old woman from Barnstaple was left shaken and with minor stomach injuries after the collision.
The incident followed a collision between a blue Ford Fiesta and a red Honda Accord on the Bratton Fleming to Barnstaple road.
The wing mirrors clashed as the two cars passed each other in opposite directions.
A short time later, the female Fiesta driver located the Honda when it stopped just past Loxhore Cross on the Barnstaple-bound carriageway.
The Fiesta driver approached the Honda which was being driven by an elderly woman.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries
A police spokesman said: “Following a brief exchange, the young woman was in collision with the Honda and was carried across the bonnet for a few feet.”
The Honda then left the scene.
Police are now keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident which happened around 10.50am on Monday, October 8.
Anyone with information that could assist with the enquiry is asked to contact police on 101, quoting police log 229 of 08/10/12.