Police appeal after woman hit by car
The young woman was carried across the bonnet of the car following a ‘brief exchange’ with the driver.
POLICE are appealing for information after a young woman was hit by car near Loxhore Cross on Monday morning.
A 21-year-old woman from Barnstaple was left shaken and with minor stomach injuries after the collision.
The incident followed a collision between a blue Ford Fiesta and a red Honda Accord on the Bratton Fleming to Barnstaple road.
The wing mirrors clashed as the two cars passed each other in opposite directions.
You may also want to watch:
A short time later, the female Fiesta driver located the Honda when it stopped just past Loxhore Cross on the Barnstaple-bound carriageway.
The Fiesta driver approached the Honda which was being driven by an elderly woman.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
A police spokesman said: “Following a brief exchange, the young woman was in collision with the Honda and was carried across the bonnet for a few feet.”
The Honda then left the scene.
Police are now keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident which happened around 10.50am on Monday, October 8.
Anyone with information that could assist with the enquiry is asked to contact police on 101, quoting police log 229 of 08/10/12.