Police appeal after two women assaulted in Bideford on New Year’s Day
There is a possibility the two incidents were linked, said officers.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following assaults on two women during the early hours of New Year’s Day in Bideford.
The two separate incidents happened between 12.30am and 1.30am on Tuesday.
During the first incident, a 17-year-old girl was assaulted on The Quay next to Radfords newsagents.
The victim managed to push the male suspect off her and run away without sustaining any injury.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the celebrations it is thought many people could have been around and seen the incident.
During the second incident near Station Hill on Torrington Lane, a 65-year-old woman was assaulted from behind whilst walking home and further assaulted while on the ground.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era
She sustained minor injuries as a result.
There are no descriptions of the offender or offenders, and investigating officers are looking into the possibility that both incidents are linked.
Both attacks were totally unprovoked and due to the festivities at that time many people would have been around.
Police are appealing for information, however insignificant people think it may be.
If you saw anything that may assist the investigation, then please contact Devon & Cornwall Police on 101 quoting police reference CD/12/20 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report online at www.Crimestoppers-uk.org