Police appeal after Torrington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for information after offneder forced open window and searched through handbag at Torrington home.
POLICE are appealing for information after a burglary in the Morton Drive area of Torrington.
The incident occurred some time between 6.10pm and 8.50pm on Saturday, February 22.
A police spokesman said: “A front ground floor window, which may have been left insecure, was forced open.
“An offender reached inside and searched through a handbag which had been left on the window sill. Nothing was stolen.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking residents to ensure all doors and windows are securely closed and locked when leaving their homes unattended.
The spokesman added: “We would ask people not to leave anything of value on clear view which would attract the attention of an opportunist thief. “
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
If you saw anything suspicious in the area at the time of the offence contact police on 101, quoting crime number CT/14/95.