Police appeal after Torrington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for information after offneder forced open window and searched through handbag at Torrington home.
POLICE are appealing for information after a burglary in the Morton Drive area of Torrington.
The incident occurred some time between 6.10pm and 8.50pm on Saturday, February 22.
A police spokesman said: “A front ground floor window, which may have been left insecure, was forced open.
“An offender reached inside and searched through a handbag which had been left on the window sill. Nothing was stolen.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking residents to ensure all doors and windows are securely closed and locked when leaving their homes unattended.
The spokesman added: “We would ask people not to leave anything of value on clear view which would attract the attention of an opportunist thief. “
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
If you saw anything suspicious in the area at the time of the offence contact police on 101, quoting crime number CT/14/95.