Police appeal after suspected arson in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Officers called to Long Meadow Drive after a pile of logs in a farm yard was set on fire.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a pile of logs was destroyed in a suspected arson attack in Barnstaple last night (Tues).
Around 15 logs, valued by police at around £80, were set alight between 6.45pm yesterday and 7.45am today at a farm in Long Meadow Drive.
The fire service believes an accelerant was used to start the fire, which narrowly avoided damaging a tractor parked next to it.
Police are treating the incident as arson and are carrying out door-to-door enquiries in the area today.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference CB/14/567.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple