Police appeal after suspected arson in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Officers called to Long Meadow Drive after a pile of logs in a farm yard was set on fire.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a pile of logs was destroyed in a suspected arson attack in Barnstaple last night (Tues).
Around 15 logs, valued by police at around £80, were set alight between 6.45pm yesterday and 7.45am today at a farm in Long Meadow Drive.
The fire service believes an accelerant was used to start the fire, which narrowly avoided damaging a tractor parked next to it.
Police are treating the incident as arson and are carrying out door-to-door enquiries in the area today.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference CB/14/567.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford