Police appeal after street robbery
Officers are trying to track down mystery couple who helped the victim after witnessing the incident in Barnstaple on Saturday morning.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a young woman was robbed in the street in Barnstaple on Saturday morning.
The woman in her 20s was walking along Vicarage Street towards Boutport Street at around 8.20am when the incident occurred.
She was approached by a man who pushed her in the shoulder and took her handbag, before running away into Derby Road.
A middle age couple then approached the victim, saying they had seen the incident.
The female witness was said to have comforted the victim while her husband drove off in a black Nissan micra to try and find the suspect.
PC Terry Hodgson of Barnstaple police station said: “The victim has stated that she is very grateful to this couple who did not leave their details with her at the time.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
“I would very much like to hear from these individuals who could provide vital evidence to assist the investigation.
“I am confident that the couple concerned would want to help and would ask them to contact me at Barnstaple Police station.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident or the couple who may have witnessed it are requested to call Crimestoppers on 0800555111 or Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting crime number CB/12/2502.