Police appeal after street robbery
Officers are trying to track down mystery couple who helped the victim after witnessing the incident in Barnstaple on Saturday morning.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a young woman was robbed in the street in Barnstaple on Saturday morning.
The woman in her 20s was walking along Vicarage Street towards Boutport Street at around 8.20am when the incident occurred.
She was approached by a man who pushed her in the shoulder and took her handbag, before running away into Derby Road.
A middle age couple then approached the victim, saying they had seen the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The female witness was said to have comforted the victim while her husband drove off in a black Nissan micra to try and find the suspect.
PC Terry Hodgson of Barnstaple police station said: “The victim has stated that she is very grateful to this couple who did not leave their details with her at the time.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
“I would very much like to hear from these individuals who could provide vital evidence to assist the investigation.
“I am confident that the couple concerned would want to help and would ask them to contact me at Barnstaple Police station.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident or the couple who may have witnessed it are requested to call Crimestoppers on 0800555111 or Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting crime number CB/12/2502.