Police appeal after Ilfracombe assault
The victim had to undergo surgery after the attack in May.
POLICE are appealing for information after a serious assault in Ilfracombe which left a man hospitalised.
The 20-year-old victim had to undergo surgery after he was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a fractured cheekbone and cuts to his head.
The assault occurred around 3.15am on May 6 near Chick N Land in Ilfracombe High Street.
A police spokesman said: “Following an altercation a man was assaulted by being punched to the face causing him to fall to the ground sustaining further injury.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no description of the offender but it is known that he was with a group of people including one woman.”
Police would like to hear from anyone who either witnessed the incident or has any information as to the identity of the offender.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting police reference CI/12//595.