Police appeal after Ilfracombe assault
The victim had to undergo surgery after the attack in May.
POLICE are appealing for information after a serious assault in Ilfracombe which left a man hospitalised.
The 20-year-old victim had to undergo surgery after he was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a fractured cheekbone and cuts to his head.
The assault occurred around 3.15am on May 6 near Chick N Land in Ilfracombe High Street.
A police spokesman said: “Following an altercation a man was assaulted by being punched to the face causing him to fall to the ground sustaining further injury.
“There is no description of the offender but it is known that he was with a group of people including one woman.”
Police would like to hear from anyone who either witnessed the incident or has any information as to the identity of the offender.
- 1 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 2 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 MP welcomes £75million boost to UK fishing industry
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 7 MP welcomes Sunak visit saying: 'More going on than just in Westminster bubble'
- 8 Man left with broken jaw and nose after Braunton assault
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 Businesses offered new cash aid in latest pandemic battle
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting police reference CI/12//595.