Police appeal after Ilfracombe assault
The victim had to undergo surgery after the attack in May.
POLICE are appealing for information after a serious assault in Ilfracombe which left a man hospitalised.
The 20-year-old victim had to undergo surgery after he was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a fractured cheekbone and cuts to his head.
The assault occurred around 3.15am on May 6 near Chick N Land in Ilfracombe High Street.
A police spokesman said: “Following an altercation a man was assaulted by being punched to the face causing him to fall to the ground sustaining further injury.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no description of the offender but it is known that he was with a group of people including one woman.”
Police would like to hear from anyone who either witnessed the incident or has any information as to the identity of the offender.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting police reference CI/12//595.