Man in his 70s knocked off bike and left at side of the road
- Credit: Matt Smart
Police are appealing for witnesses of a hit and run which saw a man in his 70s knocked off his bicycle and left at the side of the road.
The incident happened on Thursday, March 26 on the A388 between Monkleigh and Saltrens, near Bideford, at around 1pm.
Emergency services were called after the cyclist was found by an off duty police officer.
He had suffered an injury to his head and was taken to North Devon District Hospital, where he was later discharged.
The vehicle involved is believed to be a grey lorry.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area between 12.45pm and 1.05pm and may have seen anything which could help the investigation.
The cyclist was wearing a blue and white helmet and a white cycling top with a black bib.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
Anyone information or dashcam footage is asked to contact police on 101, or email email@example.com quoting log 320 of March 26.