Police appeal after four cars broken into in Bickington
- Credit: Archant
Officers saw two men flee the scene and are appealing for witnesses after items stolen from four vehicles.
POLICE are investigating after a spate of car break-ins in the Bickington area in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Officers were called to Springfield Road at around 4.15am after someone reported a man trying to get into a vehicle.
They gave chase but a police spokesman said two men fled from the scene and enquiries are now ongoing to identify and locate them.
Four vehicles were broken in to between 10.30pm on Friday and the arrival of the police at 4.15am, with cash, cosmetics, a digital camera and a sat nav all taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging people to ensure their vehicles are secure and not to leave anything of any value on display.
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting log 214 of June 29.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved