Police appeal after car theft from Chivenor Business Park
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking anyone who spotted the silver Vauxhall Astra estate this morning (Weds) to come forward.
POLICE are appealing for information after a car was allegedly stolen from a garage on Chivenor Business Park this morning (Weds).
Graham Nicholls said he had taken his silver Vauxhall Astra Estate to work with him at GS Autotech in a bid to try and sell it.
He said a man had approached him at around 10.30am claiming he wanted to buy a car for his daughter.
Mr Nicholls showed him the vehicle and the man started the car up but said he needed to call his insurance company for a quote.
You may also want to watch:
“I turned my back for five minutes to help a colleague with something and when I looked back the car was gone,” said Mr Nicholls.
“We waited for half an hour in case he had taken it for a test drive up the road and then called the police.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
The man is described as being approximately 5ft 10 and unshaven with a Scottish accent, grey beard and wearing a straw hat.
The car is a silver Vauxhall Astra estate, registration number V553 DBF.
Anyone with any information or who spots the vehicle is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime ref: CN/13/236.