Police appeal after car theft from Chivenor Business Park
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking anyone who spotted the silver Vauxhall Astra estate this morning (Weds) to come forward.
POLICE are appealing for information after a car was allegedly stolen from a garage on Chivenor Business Park this morning (Weds).
Graham Nicholls said he had taken his silver Vauxhall Astra Estate to work with him at GS Autotech in a bid to try and sell it.
He said a man had approached him at around 10.30am claiming he wanted to buy a car for his daughter.
Mr Nicholls showed him the vehicle and the man started the car up but said he needed to call his insurance company for a quote.
You may also want to watch:
“I turned my back for five minutes to help a colleague with something and when I looked back the car was gone,” said Mr Nicholls.
“We waited for half an hour in case he had taken it for a test drive up the road and then called the police.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The man is described as being approximately 5ft 10 and unshaven with a Scottish accent, grey beard and wearing a straw hat.
The car is a silver Vauxhall Astra estate, registration number V553 DBF.
Anyone with any information or who spots the vehicle is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime ref: CN/13/236.