Police appeal after Bideford attack on teenager
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old victim had to be treated for his injuries in hospital after assault on Bideford Quay.
POLICE in Bideford are appealing for witnesses after an altercation on the number 21 Stagecoach bus on Thursday, May 30.
The incident, which initially started on the top deck of the bus, occurred on the Barnstaple to Bideford bus between 3.30pm and 4.15pm.
There was a verbal altercation between a group of young people and a man in the company of a woman, said a police spokesman.
When the bus arrived at Bideford Quay, the 17-year-old man and one of his friends were making their way towards the Old Bridge when they were approaches by a man.
You may also want to watch:
The man assaulted the teenager, who suffered facial injuries and had to be taken to hospital by ambulance.
The suspect and his female friend walked off towards Bridge Street.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
A 21 year-old man from Barnstaple was arrested for assault and released on bail until July 15, but police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone who was on the bus or the quay at the time is asked to come forward to help with the investigation by contacting police on non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively witnesses can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. Anyone calling can quote crime reference CD/13/1009.