Police appeal after attempted handbag theft in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
The 61-year-old victim felt a tug on her shoulder when walking through an alleyway in Barnstaple on Friday.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man allegedly attempted to forcibly take a woman’s handbag in Barnstaple.
The 61-year-old victim was walking along an alleyway between Litchdon Street and Brannam Medical Centre at around 2pm on Friday when she felt a tug on her shoulder.
A police spokesman said: “She looked around to see the suspect and placed her arm out to stop him taking her bag.
“He grabbed hold of her coat and caused damage to the zip before running off.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are now looking to speak to a white man, around 5ft 7 inches tall with short brown hair, who was wearing dark clothes at the time.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or has any information is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference CB/13/3602, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council