Police appeal after attempted handbag theft in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
The 61-year-old victim felt a tug on her shoulder when walking through an alleyway in Barnstaple on Friday.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man allegedly attempted to forcibly take a woman’s handbag in Barnstaple.
The 61-year-old victim was walking along an alleyway between Litchdon Street and Brannam Medical Centre at around 2pm on Friday when she felt a tug on her shoulder.
A police spokesman said: “She looked around to see the suspect and placed her arm out to stop him taking her bag.
“He grabbed hold of her coat and caused damage to the zip before running off.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are now looking to speak to a white man, around 5ft 7 inches tall with short brown hair, who was wearing dark clothes at the time.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or has any information is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference CB/13/3602, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream