Police appeal after arson attack
Anyone with any information is urged to come forward after a barn and tractor were completely destroyed in the fire.
POLICE are appealing for information after an arson attack on a barn on Monday, August 6.
Fire fighters were called to the scene at Lydacott just off the Old Bideford Road at around 10.55pm.
The barn and a vehicle inside it were completely destroyed by the fire and the blaze has been confirmed as arson.
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating this as arson, and it appears an accelerant was used.
You may also want to watch:
“We urge anyone who saw anything suspicious between the hours of 4pm and 11.35pm on Monday to come forward.”
A fire investigation is being carried out into how the blaze was started.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
Fire crews spent hours battling the fire in the 10m by 5m barn, and reported back to base at 1.10am.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log 0875 of August 6.