Police appeal after arson attack
Anyone with any information is urged to come forward after a barn and tractor were completely destroyed in the fire.
POLICE are appealing for information after an arson attack on a barn on Monday, August 6.
Fire fighters were called to the scene at Lydacott just off the Old Bideford Road at around 10.55pm.
The barn and a vehicle inside it were completely destroyed by the fire and the blaze has been confirmed as arson.
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating this as arson, and it appears an accelerant was used.
You may also want to watch:
“We urge anyone who saw anything suspicious between the hours of 4pm and 11.35pm on Monday to come forward.”
A fire investigation is being carried out into how the blaze was started.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Fire crews spent hours battling the fire in the 10m by 5m barn, and reported back to base at 1.10am.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log 0875 of August 6.