Police appeal after A377 collision
Officers are particularly keen to trace a Peugeot 306 being driven towards Barnstaple yesterday evening.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic incident on the A377 at Barnstaple Cross between Crediton and Copplestone on Tuesday evening.
A silver Volvo C70 and a red Nissan Almera were involved in the incident which happened at just before 5 pm.
The 78-year-old driver of the Almera was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
She remains in hospital in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to it, to come forward.
They are particularly keen to speak to the driver of a Peugeot 306 which was being driven towards Barnstaple.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Drivers who were travelling in the opposite direction may also have valuable information.
Witnesses are asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on non emergency number 101 quoting log number 494 271112.