Police and fire service investigate caravan fire in Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
Two cars and a caravan were damaged in a fire ‘of doubtful origin’ in the early hours of this morning.
THE fire service and police are currently investigating the cause of a fire in Chapel Street, Holsworthy, which severely damaged a caravan and two cars.
Two fire engines from Hatherleigh and Holsworthy were called to the scene at around 5am this morning (Thurs) to reports of a caravan fire.
The crews arrived at the scene to find the caravan and two cars well alight.
They used two breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and hydraulic cutting equipment to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Five flats at the scene also sustained 25 per cent external heat and fire damage.
A police spokesman said officers were still at the scene investigating the cause of the fire.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
He confirmed the cause of the fire was currently ‘of doubtful origin’ and anyone with any information should contact the police on 101 quoting log 94 of March 21, 2013.