Police and fire investigate Bickington fire
- Credit: Archant
House completely destroyed on Saturday evening as flames engulfed the building.
POLICE and fire fighters are currently investigating the cause of a huge blaze which destroyed a house in Bickington on Saturday.
The historical cob house next to the Old Barn Inn on Bickington Road was engulfed by flames when fire fighters arrived just before 5pm.
Three fire crews from Barnstaple and Braunton spent several hours battling the blaze using four breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.
After around an hour at the scene, an aerial platform ladder from Barnstaple attended to fight the flames from above.
The road was closed for several hours while crews dampened down the building which began to crumble.
You may also want to watch:
A fence has been erected around the dangerous structure now and the footpath has been cordoned off amid fears it could crumble.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub