Police advice to holidaymakers
Police are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall. The Force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across Devon and Cornwall for the summer season. Th
Police are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall.
The Force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across Devon and Cornwall for the summer season.
The packs contain leaflets and posters with simple crime prevention advice for holidaymakers to ensure that they enjoy their time in the region.
Bob Bunney, Force Crime Reduction Advisor, said: "We want everyone who visits the South West to enjoy their time here and look forward to coming back again. It only takes a few minutes to read the leaflet or poster and follow the safety advice offered. By taking these few simple steps visitors can have peace of mind and keep themselves and their property safe."
You may also want to watch:
"Our region is one of the safest places to live and visit but in the unlikely event that holidaymakers become a victim of crime, or witness a crime, we would urge them to contact the police on 08452 777 444 or in the event of an emergency use 999."
Top three safety tips while on your holiday:
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
* Don't leave valuables in your car
* Keep your mobile phone in a safe place
* Don't leave bags unattended
Other safety tips:
* Stick to well-lit paths and avoid walking alone at night.
* Secure your vehicle/caravan/room/tent and do not leave any valuables on display
* Keep your vehicle keys in a safe place
* Use personal safes provided by your accommodation where possible
* Never drink and drive
* Be aware of speed limits and restrictions
For more information on holiday advice, visit www.devon-cornwall.police.uk