Police advice to holidaymakers
Police are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall. The Force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across Devon and Cornwall for the summer season. Th
Police are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall.
The Force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across Devon and Cornwall for the summer season.
The packs contain leaflets and posters with simple crime prevention advice for holidaymakers to ensure that they enjoy their time in the region.
Bob Bunney, Force Crime Reduction Advisor, said: "We want everyone who visits the South West to enjoy their time here and look forward to coming back again. It only takes a few minutes to read the leaflet or poster and follow the safety advice offered. By taking these few simple steps visitors can have peace of mind and keep themselves and their property safe."
You may also want to watch:
"Our region is one of the safest places to live and visit but in the unlikely event that holidaymakers become a victim of crime, or witness a crime, we would urge them to contact the police on 08452 777 444 or in the event of an emergency use 999."
Top three safety tips while on your holiday:
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
* Don't leave valuables in your car
* Keep your mobile phone in a safe place
* Don't leave bags unattended
Other safety tips:
* Stick to well-lit paths and avoid walking alone at night.
* Secure your vehicle/caravan/room/tent and do not leave any valuables on display
* Keep your vehicle keys in a safe place
* Use personal safes provided by your accommodation where possible
* Never drink and drive
* Be aware of speed limits and restrictions
For more information on holiday advice, visit www.devon-cornwall.police.uk