Four bands join forces for Plough fundraiser at The Big SHeep
- Credit: Archant
Two big soul bands and a double helping of top folk duos will be playing at The Big Sheep on Friday, September 11 to raise much-needed funds for The Plough Arts Centre.
Big sound soul band Soul Intentions will be taking to the stage, as will the 11-piece The Medicaments with great soul classics.
Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll, two of the West Country’s finest fiddle-players bring an innovative take on English traditional music and song.
Plus folk duo Lauren Eva Ward and Jacob Houghton being strong flute-driven melodies with guitar accompaniment.
The special event will take place at The Big Sheep’s suitably social distanced outdoor arena and doors open at 4.30pm, with the music from 5.30pm until 9pm.
The Plough is facing difficult times financially and the local musicians have joined forces to try and help.
Two households may attend per ‘bubble’ on the grass. Picnics welcome but no alcohol to be brought on site please (bar is available).
For tickets and information go to www.theploughartscentre.org.uk/event/folk-soul-fundraiser-plough-arts-centre.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 6 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 9 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 10 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life