Plenty of fun at three bridges run
Sixth annual Lions Club run goes from strength to strength.
RUNNERS old and young are being invited to sign up for the sixth annual Three Bridges Fun Run.
The town run, first held to coincide with the opening of Barnstaple’s new downstream bridge in 2007, has raised more than �6,000 for charity.
Organisers Barnstaple Lions’ Club are confident that this year’s 5km run in aid of North Devon Hospice on Sunday, May 6 will prove just as popular.
Ali Hunt, head of fund-raising at North Devon Hospice, said: “It was really great to be at the event last year and to welcome back all the runners.
You may also want to watch:
“It is such a well organised event and I take my hat off to the Lions and all the fantastic marshals who not only make it safe for all the runners, but also give the runners a lift and cheer as they go round.
“I am always humbled by the lengths that people will go to in supporting the essential work that our hospice does for local people and in my eyes all the volunteers and the participants are the true heroes of the day.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
To take part costs �8 for adults and �6 for under-16s. To register, visit http://www.threebridgesfunrun.org.uk