Plenty of fun at M&S Barnstaple this week
A variety of events are taking place at the Mark and Spencer store in Barnstaple today (Friday) and tomorrow as staff and customers do their bit to try and raise �5,000 for charity.
Nail and beauty treatments, face painting plus balloon animals for children will be among the activities open to customers in return for their pledging a pound towards Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
It will be hosted throughout by former Lantern FM DJ and now M&S employee Gary Penfold.
It is all part of a national effort by M&S to raise �1 million for cancer charities Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Action Cancer and The Marie Keating Foundation, all in just three days.
Barnstaple salon Pathos will be providing nail art and hand massages at the store every day from 11am-4pm, while Dressed to Kill will also be offering nail appointing from 11am-1pm on Friday and 11am-1.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Balloon animals will be created for younger shoppers from 11am-1pm tomorrow and Friday.
Three unwary male M&S staff have volunteered for a sponsored leg waxing at 11am and 1pm on Friday – just follow the screams!
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
On Saturday there will be face painting for children from 1pm, as well as bag packing and free champagne tasting.
A 35 strong Marks and Spencer team is also tackling the Five Peaks Challenge. Find out more by visiting www.justgiving.com/teams/5peakschallenge.