Plenty of fun at M&S Barnstaple this week
A variety of events are taking place at the Mark and Spencer store in Barnstaple today (Friday) and tomorrow as staff and customers do their bit to try and raise �5,000 for charity.
Nail and beauty treatments, face painting plus balloon animals for children will be among the activities open to customers in return for their pledging a pound towards Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
It will be hosted throughout by former Lantern FM DJ and now M&S employee Gary Penfold.
It is all part of a national effort by M&S to raise �1 million for cancer charities Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Action Cancer and The Marie Keating Foundation, all in just three days.
Barnstaple salon Pathos will be providing nail art and hand massages at the store every day from 11am-4pm, while Dressed to Kill will also be offering nail appointing from 11am-1pm on Friday and 11am-1.30pm on Saturday.
Balloon animals will be created for younger shoppers from 11am-1pm tomorrow and Friday.
Three unwary male M&S staff have volunteered for a sponsored leg waxing at 11am and 1pm on Friday – just follow the screams!
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
- 10 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
On Saturday there will be face painting for children from 1pm, as well as bag packing and free champagne tasting.
A 35 strong Marks and Spencer team is also tackling the Five Peaks Challenge. Find out more by visiting www.justgiving.com/teams/5peakschallenge.