Plenty of events for heritage railway enthusiasts
RAILWAY heritage enthusiasts will be holding a series of monthly talks and events throughout the winter at the Puffing Billy in Torrington.
The Tarka Valley Railway Group begins the programme tomorrow (Thursday) with an illustrated talk on the much loved Settle and Carlisle railway line, post 1982, by Nigel Thompson.
On Thursday, December 16 there will be a members’ social evening and seasonal get together, with refreshments and raffle.
On January 13 there is an illustrated talk by Rod Garner on the narrow gauge clay railway, which ran from Torrington good yards to Peters Marland until 19675 and on February 10 Michael Sampson presents an evening of railway slides called “Where, What and When?”
The Tarka Valley railway Group hopes in time to be able to restore a steam railway along the Torridge Valley between Torrington and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
All events start at 7.30pm and are free, although donations are welcome. Call (01805) 623050 for more information or to confirm attendance.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow