Plenty of events for heritage railway enthusiasts
RAILWAY heritage enthusiasts will be holding a series of monthly talks and events throughout the winter at the Puffing Billy in Torrington.
The Tarka Valley Railway Group begins the programme tomorrow (Thursday) with an illustrated talk on the much loved Settle and Carlisle railway line, post 1982, by Nigel Thompson.
On Thursday, December 16 there will be a members’ social evening and seasonal get together, with refreshments and raffle.
On January 13 there is an illustrated talk by Rod Garner on the narrow gauge clay railway, which ran from Torrington good yards to Peters Marland until 19675 and on February 10 Michael Sampson presents an evening of railway slides called “Where, What and When?”
The Tarka Valley railway Group hopes in time to be able to restore a steam railway along the Torridge Valley between Torrington and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
All events start at 7.30pm and are free, although donations are welcome. Call (01805) 623050 for more information or to confirm attendance.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack