Plenty of events for heritage railway enthusiasts
RAILWAY heritage enthusiasts will be holding a series of monthly talks and events throughout the winter at the Puffing Billy in Torrington.
The Tarka Valley Railway Group begins the programme tomorrow (Thursday) with an illustrated talk on the much loved Settle and Carlisle railway line, post 1982, by Nigel Thompson.
On Thursday, December 16 there will be a members’ social evening and seasonal get together, with refreshments and raffle.
On January 13 there is an illustrated talk by Rod Garner on the narrow gauge clay railway, which ran from Torrington good yards to Peters Marland until 19675 and on February 10 Michael Sampson presents an evening of railway slides called “Where, What and When?”
The Tarka Valley railway Group hopes in time to be able to restore a steam railway along the Torridge Valley between Torrington and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
All events start at 7.30pm and are free, although donations are welcome. Call (01805) 623050 for more information or to confirm attendance.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs