Please run for us...
I would like to make a special appeal to runners who are planning to take part in a marathon in 2013 and would like to help make a difference to a children’s charity.
The Children’s Trust has a few guaranteed places in the 2013 Paris Marathon on Sunday, April 7, the Brighton Marathon on Sunday, April 14, and the famous Virgin London Marathon on Sunday, April 21.
The Children’s Trust would also like to hear from runners who have recently received confirmation that they have secured a place in next year’s 2013 Virgin London Marathon.
For those runners who are looking for a worthy cause to support, The Children’s Trust would like to extend an invitation to join their team.
The Children’s Trust is a very special charity, as I know from personal experience. Having been born with cerebral palsy, I received specialist treatment at the trust when I was a child and it was here that I learnt to walk in the hydrotherapy pool. I have always remembered my visits with great fondness as there was always, and still is, a lovely warm atmosphere.
The Children’s Trust is a national charity that provides specialist care for some of the UK’s most severely disabled children, and rehabilitation to children with an acquired brain injury.
By joining the trust’s marathon team, you will be helping to raise funds for a very special group of children.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
To find out what our runners from previous years have said, please visit www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/londonmarathon – or for further information phone 01737 365018.
The Children’s Trust