Please run for us...
I would like to make a special appeal to runners who are planning to take part in a marathon in 2013 and would like to help make a difference to a children’s charity.
The Children’s Trust has a few guaranteed places in the 2013 Paris Marathon on Sunday, April 7, the Brighton Marathon on Sunday, April 14, and the famous Virgin London Marathon on Sunday, April 21.
The Children’s Trust would also like to hear from runners who have recently received confirmation that they have secured a place in next year’s 2013 Virgin London Marathon.
For those runners who are looking for a worthy cause to support, The Children’s Trust would like to extend an invitation to join their team.
The Children’s Trust is a very special charity, as I know from personal experience. Having been born with cerebral palsy, I received specialist treatment at the trust when I was a child and it was here that I learnt to walk in the hydrotherapy pool. I have always remembered my visits with great fondness as there was always, and still is, a lovely warm atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
The Children’s Trust is a national charity that provides specialist care for some of the UK’s most severely disabled children, and rehabilitation to children with an acquired brain injury.
By joining the trust’s marathon team, you will be helping to raise funds for a very special group of children.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
To find out what our runners from previous years have said, please visit www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/londonmarathon – or for further information phone 01737 365018.
The Children’s Trust