Plans to demolish Combe Martin garage
Bid to build 11 homes on Combe Martin garage site
A planning application has been lodged to build 11 houses on the former Rows Garage site in Combe Martin.
The site is currently leased by Hanson’s Garage, a 4x4 sales dealership, but the site owner has put in an application with North Devon Council planners to demolish the old filling station workshop and sales buildings.
It is proposed to construct a mixture of detached and terraced housing in a variety of styles and finishes.
It is also proposed to close the current vehicle access to Rows Lane and replace it with a new central access on to the site.
You may also want to watch:
The applicant’s agent RGP Architects says the new road will link with Rows Lane and provide good access together with improved visibility and manoeuvrability.
It says the development would provide much need affordable and open market accommodation within the village. Two of the properties will be earmarked as “affordable.” A total of 17 parking spaces is also proposed.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes