Plans to demolish Combe Martin garage
Bid to build 11 homes on Combe Martin garage site
A planning application has been lodged to build 11 houses on the former Rows Garage site in Combe Martin.
The site is currently leased by Hanson’s Garage, a 4x4 sales dealership, but the site owner has put in an application with North Devon Council planners to demolish the old filling station workshop and sales buildings.
It is proposed to construct a mixture of detached and terraced housing in a variety of styles and finishes.
It is also proposed to close the current vehicle access to Rows Lane and replace it with a new central access on to the site.
You may also want to watch:
The applicant’s agent RGP Architects says the new road will link with Rows Lane and provide good access together with improved visibility and manoeuvrability.
It says the development would provide much need affordable and open market accommodation within the village. Two of the properties will be earmarked as “affordable.” A total of 17 parking spaces is also proposed.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 7 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 8 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online