Plans to demolish Combe Martin garage
Bid to build 11 homes on Combe Martin garage site
A planning application has been lodged to build 11 houses on the former Rows Garage site in Combe Martin.
The site is currently leased by Hanson’s Garage, a 4x4 sales dealership, but the site owner has put in an application with North Devon Council planners to demolish the old filling station workshop and sales buildings.
It is proposed to construct a mixture of detached and terraced housing in a variety of styles and finishes.
It is also proposed to close the current vehicle access to Rows Lane and replace it with a new central access on to the site.
You may also want to watch:
The applicant’s agent RGP Architects says the new road will link with Rows Lane and provide good access together with improved visibility and manoeuvrability.
It says the development would provide much need affordable and open market accommodation within the village. Two of the properties will be earmarked as “affordable.” A total of 17 parking spaces is also proposed.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home