Plans submitted for second phase of huge Barnstaple housing development
- Credit: Contributed
Plans have been lodged for the second phase of an 820-home urban extension to Barnstaple.
Persimmon Homes and Elan Homes have submitted an application for the second phase of the Tawcroft development at Larkbear, which includes 252 homes and a community centre.
The dwellings will be a mix of one-to-four bedroom houses, and 76 of the homes - 30 per cent of the development - will be affordable housing.
A design and access statement for the application said the mix of home sizes would reflect a 'wide variety of needs across the local community'.
It added: "The development is envisaged to be of high-quality design and best practice, to create a distinctive place that is in context with the setting of the development on the periphery of the town and close to the open countryside."
You may also want to watch:
The whole scheme is billed as an important part of the town's growth and is a key part of the North Devon and Torridge Joint Local Plan. Work on the first phase of 236 homes is already under way.
When complete the development will have 820 homes, a medical centre and a primary school. It will also provide a new junction onto the A361 and a footbridge over the A361 for cyclists and pedestrians.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park