Plans submitted for second phase of huge Barnstaple housing development
- Credit: Contributed
Plans have been lodged for the second phase of an 820-home urban extension to Barnstaple.
Persimmon Homes and Elan Homes have submitted an application for the second phase of the Tawcroft development at Larkbear, which includes 252 homes and a community centre.
The dwellings will be a mix of one-to-four bedroom houses, and 76 of the homes - 30 per cent of the development - will be affordable housing.
A design and access statement for the application said the mix of home sizes would reflect a 'wide variety of needs across the local community'.
It added: "The development is envisaged to be of high-quality design and best practice, to create a distinctive place that is in context with the setting of the development on the periphery of the town and close to the open countryside."
You may also want to watch:
The whole scheme is billed as an important part of the town's growth and is a key part of the North Devon and Torridge Joint Local Plan. Work on the first phase of 236 homes is already under way.
When complete the development will have 820 homes, a medical centre and a primary school. It will also provide a new junction onto the A361 and a footbridge over the A361 for cyclists and pedestrians.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer