Plans submitted for 550 new houses in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
The 85 acre site south of Clovelly Road could make way for up to 550 new homes, a primary school and commercial use.
OUTLINE plans for up to 550 houses, commercial units and a new primary school in Bideford have been submitted to Torridge District Council this week.
Proposals for the Clovelly Road Park development on 85 acres of land to the rear of Atlantic Village were first revealed by the Gazette in November.
Dozens of people turned out to a consultation on the plans by developers Linden Homes, with many saying they feared for the loss of green space.
A planning application for the 13.77 hectare site with 1.5 hectares of commercial use land will be sited opposite the proposed Premier Inn and McDonalds development.
The plans also include land for a primary school which would be used for sports pitches or a further 50 residential units if not needed.
The residential dwellings are set to comprise of two, three and four-bedroom houses, flats above garages and shops.
You may also want to watch:
Torridge District Council is expected to make a decision on the application by May 23.
• What do you think of the plans? Write to us at email@example.com, or our Opinion page at North Devon Gazette, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PB.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail