Plans submitted for 500 new Northam homes
- Credit: Archant
‘Northam extension’ plans include new homes, care home, doctor’s surgery and primary school.
Outline plans for a new ‘Northam extension’ have been submitted to Torridge District Council.
If approved, the proposals would see up to 500 new homes, plus a care facility, doctor’s surgery and 210-place primary school built at Daddon Hill.
The plans were first revealed by the Gazette in June, when dozens of people turned out to a consultation to view the proposals by developers Terrace Hill.
Adam Pratt, development director for Terrace Hill, said: “Following public consultation earlier this year, and in response to the council’s vision for growth in Northam detailed in the emerging Local Plan (NOR01), we have submitted an outline planning application for a sustainable new development on land at Daddon Hill.
You may also want to watch:
“We reviewed the comments received during the consultation and made a number of changes to our proposals, including land for a new doctor’s surgery, additional planting and landscaping along the site boundaries, a Neighbourhood Equipped Area for Play (NEAP) and additional cycle/pedestrian links to the wider area.
“We believe the feedback received during the consultation has helped positively shape our outline masterplan.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal