Plans submitted for 500 new Northam homes
- Credit: Archant
‘Northam extension’ plans include new homes, care home, doctor’s surgery and primary school.
Outline plans for a new ‘Northam extension’ have been submitted to Torridge District Council.
If approved, the proposals would see up to 500 new homes, plus a care facility, doctor’s surgery and 210-place primary school built at Daddon Hill.
The plans were first revealed by the Gazette in June, when dozens of people turned out to a consultation to view the proposals by developers Terrace Hill.
Adam Pratt, development director for Terrace Hill, said: “Following public consultation earlier this year, and in response to the council’s vision for growth in Northam detailed in the emerging Local Plan (NOR01), we have submitted an outline planning application for a sustainable new development on land at Daddon Hill.
You may also want to watch:
“We reviewed the comments received during the consultation and made a number of changes to our proposals, including land for a new doctor’s surgery, additional planting and landscaping along the site boundaries, a Neighbourhood Equipped Area for Play (NEAP) and additional cycle/pedestrian links to the wider area.
“We believe the feedback received during the consultation has helped positively shape our outline masterplan.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100