Plans passed for a new gym in Torrington
Plans have been passed by Torrington District Council for a new health and fitness centre
PLANNING permission has been granted for a new health and fitness centre in Torrington.
The Eric Palmer Community Centre in Castle Street was formerly used as a children’s nursery and a community centre for Devon County Council youth service and adult education.
According to the application, the building has been vacant since 2009.
Permission has been granted by Torridge District Council to Functional Fitness to open a health and fitness centre over the two stories of the building.
You may also want to watch:
The plans included a multi-gym and weight studio and a fitness/dance studio, a mind and body studio and a cardio theatre.
The two parking spaces will remain as well as the creation of an additional 10 cycle spaces.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
Development on the site must begin within three years of the decision notice.