Plans passed for a new gym in Torrington
Plans have been passed by Torrington District Council for a new health and fitness centre
PLANNING permission has been granted for a new health and fitness centre in Torrington.
The Eric Palmer Community Centre in Castle Street was formerly used as a children’s nursery and a community centre for Devon County Council youth service and adult education.
According to the application, the building has been vacant since 2009.
Permission has been granted by Torridge District Council to Functional Fitness to open a health and fitness centre over the two stories of the building.
You may also want to watch:
The plans included a multi-gym and weight studio and a fitness/dance studio, a mind and body studio and a cardio theatre.
The two parking spaces will remain as well as the creation of an additional 10 cycle spaces.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
Development on the site must begin within three years of the decision notice.