Plans passed for a new gym in Torrington
Plans have been passed by Torrington District Council for a new health and fitness centre
PLANNING permission has been granted for a new health and fitness centre in Torrington.
The Eric Palmer Community Centre in Castle Street was formerly used as a children’s nursery and a community centre for Devon County Council youth service and adult education.
According to the application, the building has been vacant since 2009.
Permission has been granted by Torridge District Council to Functional Fitness to open a health and fitness centre over the two stories of the building.
You may also want to watch:
The plans included a multi-gym and weight studio and a fitness/dance studio, a mind and body studio and a cardio theatre.
The two parking spaces will remain as well as the creation of an additional 10 cycle spaces.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
Development on the site must begin within three years of the decision notice.