Plans lodged for nearly 200 homes on edge of South Molton
- Credit: Contributed
Plans have been lodged for nearly 200 new homes to be built on the edge of South Molton.
The application from Wainhomes would see 187 new homes built on land north of Nadder Lane.
The proposals feature a mixture of two, three and four-bedroom properties and include 42 affordable homes.
The site is within an allocated area of the North Devon and Torridge Local Plan, and the application
A design and access statement for the application said: “This will integrate new development within the existing landscape setting of the town and provide an appropriate transitional boundary with the adjoining countryside to the north, south and west.
You may also want to watch:
“It will enhance and make connections to the existing network of local and strategic green infrastructure through and around the site including the provision of new footpaths, cycleways, public open spaces, wildlife corridors, formal and informal recreation facilities, and provide a mix of house types, tenures and sizes of open market and affordable homes contributing towards the identified local needs.”
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman