Plans lodged for nearly 200 homes on edge of South Molton
- Credit: Contributed
Plans have been lodged for nearly 200 new homes to be built on the edge of South Molton.
The application from Wainhomes would see 187 new homes built on land north of Nadder Lane.
The proposals feature a mixture of two, three and four-bedroom properties and include 42 affordable homes.
The site is within an allocated area of the North Devon and Torridge Local Plan, and the application
A design and access statement for the application said: “This will integrate new development within the existing landscape setting of the town and provide an appropriate transitional boundary with the adjoining countryside to the north, south and west.
You may also want to watch:
“It will enhance and make connections to the existing network of local and strategic green infrastructure through and around the site including the provision of new footpaths, cycleways, public open spaces, wildlife corridors, formal and informal recreation facilities, and provide a mix of house types, tenures and sizes of open market and affordable homes contributing towards the identified local needs.”
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park