Plans for new roller skating rink in Barnstaple
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans have been submitted to bring a roller skating rink to Barnstaple.
Outside In Rollerdrome Rinks has lodged an application for the former Co-op store in Pottington Business Park.
It seeks to change the use of the building from retail to leisure.
The shop’s retail area would become the roller rink, with new flooring and walling installed, while the storage area would become a games zone.
A kitchen and bar would also be installed.
You may also want to watch:
A design and access statement for the application promised a ‘technically advanced, modern and environmentally conscious’ roller skating rink.
It added: “The current building structure will remain unaltered in appearance. New LED lighting will replace the old sodium styled and fluorescent strip lighting throughout the building.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
“A full, internal fit out will be undertaken to the building, including new insulation throughout to ceilings and walls and floor and a compliance towards the access for disabled will be undertaken.”
The premises has been vacant since the Co-op store closed in November last year.