Plans for permanent market caf�
Couple want to expand South Molton market caf� business
PLANS to create a new caf� inside South Molton Pannier Market have been lodged with North Devon Council.
The owners of That New Place, in East Street, want to build a permanent timber framed kiosk in the Grade 1 listed market.
Esther and Kemal Tas, who already operate a coffee stall on market days, need listed building consent to get the go-ahead.
They hope that a permanent kiosk will enable them to increase the range of drinks and pre-prepared snacks they already serve. They say new facility would also enable the market hall to be used outside of market days for uses other than just parking
You may also want to watch:
South Molton Town Council has already agreed the proposals in principle.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising