Plans for permanent market caf�
Couple want to expand South Molton market caf� business
PLANS to create a new caf� inside South Molton Pannier Market have been lodged with North Devon Council.
The owners of That New Place, in East Street, want to build a permanent timber framed kiosk in the Grade 1 listed market.
Esther and Kemal Tas, who already operate a coffee stall on market days, need listed building consent to get the go-ahead.
They hope that a permanent kiosk will enable them to increase the range of drinks and pre-prepared snacks they already serve. They say new facility would also enable the market hall to be used outside of market days for uses other than just parking
You may also want to watch:
South Molton Town Council has already agreed the proposals in principle.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton